opal AT lists.psi.ch
Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum
- From: "Adelmann Andreas (PSI)" <andreas.adelmann AT psi.ch>
- To: "Power, John" <JP AT anl.gov>
- Cc: "opal AT lists.psi.ch" <opal AT lists.psi.ch>, Chris Rogers <chris.rogers AT stfc.ac.uk>
- Subject: Re: [Opal] OPAL on Cygwin?
- Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2018 12:59:25 +0000
- Accept-language: en-US, de-CH
On 25 Jan 2018, at 13:49, Power, John <JP AT anl.gov> wrote:
Thanks for the useful discussion on setting up OPAL on Windows, I'm finding this very useful. Let's try to summarize this email chain so it can be referenced in the future.
To summarize, there are two successfully tested windows configurations in use on the list:
1. Daniel Winklehner installed Ubuntu on Windows 10 "you can try the WSL" (Windows Subsystem for Linux).
2. Chris Rogers installed ???? on VirtualBox under windows.Chris: What flavor of Linux are you running inside VirtualBox? Also, would you tell us your system resources and how much you are giving to VirtualBox. Or any other useful details.
Daniel: Are there similar choices of system resources you need to make for WSL and can you tell us a but more about your setup.
From: opal-request AT lists.psi.ch <opal-request AT lists.psi.ch> on behalf of Chris Rogers <chris.rogers AT stfc.ac.uk>
Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2018 3:54 AM
To: opal AT lists.psi.ch
Subject: Re: [Opal] OPAL on Cygwin?You could try running a virtual machine like VirtualBox under windows
with a full linux install. If that's an option, I suspect it will be
easier; it's how I run OPAL on my laptop.
On 23/01/18 07:44, Matt Easton 董昊 wrote:
> Hello there!
> I’m trying to set up OPAL for the first time. Sadly my work computer
> runs Windows, which makes things more difficult. Has anyone had success
> using OPAL on Cygwin before?
> I’m currently stuck on the step of installing H5hut. I think I’ve got
> all the prerequisites installed properly. The configuration seems to go
> ok. But in the build step I get an error: “Unknown type name ‘MPI_COMM’”.
> If I add “include <mpi.h>” to h5_types.h, then this error goes away, but
> I think this should a be a configuration issue, I don’t think I should
> be messing with the source code. Even with this include line added, I
> get a later error that various “HSPset_xxxx_mpio” functions are not
> defined properly. It seems to be that the connection from H5hut to Open
> MPI isn’t working properly…
> Thanks so much for any help!
ISIS Intense Beams Group
tel: +44 (0)1235 44 6983
Rutherford Appleton Laboratory,
Harwell Science and Innovation Campus,
- Re: [Opal] OPAL on Cygwin?, Adelmann Andreas (PSI), 01/23/2018
- <Possible follow-up(s)>
- [Opal] OPAL on Cygwin?, Matt Easton 董昊, 01/23/2018
- Re: [Opal] OPAL on Cygwin?, Chris Rogers, 01/23/2018
- Re: [Opal] OPAL on Cygwin?, Christof Metzger-Kraus, 01/24/2018
- RE: [Opal] OPAL on Cygwin?, Matt Easton 董昊, 01/25/2018
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19.