opal - Re: [Opal] OPAL on Cygwin?

opal AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum

Re: [Opal] OPAL on Cygwin?

  • From: "Power, John" <JP AT anl.gov>
  • To: "opal AT lists.psi.ch" <opal AT lists.psi.ch>, Chris Rogers <chris.rogers AT stfc.ac.uk>
  • Subject: Re: [Opal] OPAL on Cygwin?
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2018 12:48:36 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99

Thanks for the useful discussion on setting up OPAL on Windows, I'm finding this very useful.  Let's try to summarize this email chain so it can be referenced in the future.

To summarize, there are two successfully tested windows configurations in use on the list:

1. Daniel Winklehner installed Ubuntu on Windows 10 "you can try the WSL" (Windows Subsystem for Linux).

2. Chris Rogers installed ???? on VirtualBox under windows.

Chris: What flavor of Linux are you running inside VirtualBox?  Also, would you tell us your system resources and how much you are giving to VirtualBox.  Or any other useful details.

Daniel: Are there similar choices of system resources you need to make for WSL and can you tell us a but more about your setup.

---John